The International School Estepona is purpose built with ample parking and easy access, with a beautiful landscaped garden, designed specifically with the children in mind. The principal took 2 years in selecting the right location and environment, which will ensure an easy transition for the child from home or another educational establishment. The classrooms are purpose built and climatically controlled for total comfort in winter and summer.
The School was establised in 2004.
In the early years our School follows the Montessori ethic of teaching which then follows on to the British National Curricullum. Children are able to move to our School seamlessly from any other British School whether in The UK or overseas.
The British Council Monitor how The School delivers and Curriculum and they also carry out regular inspections. The last inspection on 21st January 2011 put the teaching levels at The School as good to very good. The full details of the report can be viewed at The School.
Our School aims to:
1) Provide a friendly, happy and stimulating environment for children aged 2-12 years.
2) Create a caring, welcoming community for children, which will enable them to feel happy, secure, independent and special.
3) Work closely with parents and provide a broad and balanced curriculum, which fosters the intellectual, emotional, physical, spiritual, moral, social and cultural development of each child.
4) To enable children to make an effective transition from home to school.
5) Develop independence and decision making skills.
Our Principal, Mrs Gillian Godbold, is a qualified Montessori Teacher with many years of teaching experience. On settling here, she knew that The Costa del Sol with its perfect climate, wide variety of plants and wild life, was the perfect place for our school and lending itself perfectly to our holistic approach to the education of our children. Gillian also owned and managed a school in the UK which was approved by OFSTED.